Monday, January 5, 2009

When will it end!?

Hello all! Thanks for the prayers for Aaron and I. It has been a seriously rough week. Let me fill you in...

First was a trip to the ER on New Years Eve day for me because I woke up with extreme pain in my side and back and the doctor's office was closed. They said it was probably a muscle strain and sent me away with a few meds. Thankfully that went away.

Next, Aaron get the flu on Thursday. It was no fun. For about two or three days he was feeling pretty gross from the flu. We went to my mom and dad's to watch a Blue Jackets game and spend the night on Saturday. I woke up Sunday morning at 3:30 sick and spent the next 5 hours crouched over the toilet. Not pleasant. :( Hope they don't catch it!

I tried to keep fluids down as much as I could, but it was hard feeling so bad. So, needless to say I was a little dehydrated, or more dehydrated than I thought. This morning, I woke up for school feeling great. I got up and walked into the restroom to talk to Aaron. I remember leaning against the counter and all of the sudden I started blacking out and my hearing went away. After that, I don't remember much. Aaron said he was washing his hair and heard my speech slow and get quieter, and when he looked over, I was against the wall sliding down. Thankfully, he caught me and was able to carry me to the bed. I don't remember any of this until I came to on the bed. This was pretty scary. So, we headed back to the ER for the second time in a week to get me checked out. After all was said and done, they said I was dehydrated and low on potassium. The docs pumped me up with fluids and potassium and sent us home.

I am feeling much better this evening. Aaron is still feeling a little weak, but we hope we are improving! With everything that has happened in the past 4 months with Aaron being sick and finally diagnosed with Celiac, and then all of this, it is hard to feel optimistic. But, we are trusting in God that this is all happening for a reason and will hopefully pass soon!! We covet your prayers for a healthy rest of the year! Thanks so much!

Nikki & Aaron

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord you are both feeling better! I KNOW it will be a better 2009! Happy New Year & Much Love, Mom