I am two-thirds of the way done! I have 20 treatments done and only 10 to go! Time has been going by pretty quickly since I hit the half-way mark a week ago. Between teaching, treatments and basketball on Saturday, we've been busy. I'm not complaining though, because I can't wait for this to be over.
I get asked often how I am doing. I do not mind at all. It's nice to know that people are thinking of us. Currently, I am doing very well. I've been blessed to not have any horrible side effects as of yet. The most annoying ones right now are dry mouth, taste changes and some soreness in my throat. Luckily, taking two Aleve twice a day takes care of most of the discomfort. The doctor said I might need more in a week, but I'm praying I don't. The taste change is only for some of my foods. It started with not being able to taste much of my pizza this weekend and has since moved to not being able to taste some cereal, some dullness in taste of other foods and M&M's tasting really weird. I was told though, that this will come back shortly after treatments are over.
My energy level comes and goes. I've taken a day off of work the past two weeks to rest my body and immune system. So far that is helping out a lot. I get tired off and on throughout the day. I was happy that I had energy to play in my teams basketball game this past weekend. We won, so we are 6-2 and play in the playoffs this weekend. It'll be nice to play more again when this is all over.
I am thankful for great friends and family who have been supportive. Nikki has done a great job taking care of me and being at most of my appointments. It's also nice that we work together and I don't have to drive to and from work every day. We have been receiving cards (over 250 now!) from many people. It's nice to know that we are in so many peoples thoughts and prayers. Nikki's mom, Terri, also set up a dinner rotation for us and we had many great people provide delicious food for us. Having food given to us saved part of our evenings which was nice. Thank you to all who have done those things.
Nikki went to the Women's Retreat through church last weekend. While she was gone my dad came and took me to my Friday treatment and then out to eat at Outback Steakhouse. I was thrilled to be able to still eat one of my favorite meals. Then on Saturday, two of my long-time friends, Aaron and Cody came over to watch old movies after the basketball game. I did fall asleep during one though because I was so exhausted.
Now the prayers:
* Praise to God for taking such good care of me so far. I really am doing well considering everything they said could happen.
* That I will continue to do so well and have limited side effects.
* Continued strength and energy to work and continue with most of our normal activities.
* That these last two weeks will go by quickly!
* Continued positive attitude.
Thanks and have a great week!
Tuesday, March 4, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You are amazing! Praise God for great success in treatment. Stay stong!
Post a Comment