Friday, October 2, 2009

Things I love about fall...

Well, I decided since it is really fall now that I would make a list of things I am thankful for, and things I LOVE about fall! So here goes...

What I am thankful for...
  • My wonderful husband Aaron, who is always there to cheer me up or help out in any way! I love you honey!
  • Our new home...what a blessing!
  • Cool weather, open windows, and sweatshirts
  • The changing color of leaves
  • Time spent with family and friends, especially around the holidays...it is just that much sweeter!
  • A job! Actually, two jobs! I am so thankful that I know where my next paycheck will come from.
  • A car that runs...this time last year I was having major car troubles, so PTL it is fixed and running great!
  • A time to serve- Servefest is tomorrow, and I love the opportunity to get out and serve others in a practical way! Also why I love my job at church so much...I get to serve every day!
Why I love fall...
  • Cool weather...I love sweatshirt weather!
  • College football...love my Buckeyes!
  • Hockey season! Blue Jackets home opener tomorrow and I'll be there! :)
  • Changing leaves... God is quite the master artist, and creates an incredible masterpiece every fall! I love to gaze into the woods and admire the beauty!
  • Thanksgiving! I love to eat until I feel like I am going to explode on Thanksgiving! Plus, it is a time to really reflect on what I am thankful for and what God has blessed me with!
  • School is in full gear in fall... I love seeing the little kiddos waiting for the bus in the morning, and it brings me such joy to spend time with them while I am substituting in the schools. Nothing brightens your day like a sweet note or big smile from a little kid!
Hmm... I am sure there are so many more. How about you? What are you thankful for this fall season? I love to read comments, so tell me! :)

-Nikki

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love fall, too. Sweater weather is the best!!! Love ya both, Larissa

BenRobertson said...

fall clothes in general are SO much better than summer. in the summer you just always look like a bum with no options; t-shirt and flip flops...that's all i got...it's just too hot. but now that falls here i can break out the cardigan, the sweater, the scarf, the jacket, all that great stuff. also, leaves on the ground are just AWESOME; to look at and to walk on. also, maybe i'm a bad christian but i really love halloween, haha. finally, APPLE CIDER mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Anonymous said...

I love...
A thankful heart.
My husband.
My kids!!
The color of the leaves in fall.
That I have a faithful and loving God who forgives EVERY screw up!
Family get togethers.
SUNSHINE!!

Love you! Mom