Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter

Well, Easter is upon us, so I thought it would be appropriate to do a short reflection on what this time means for us. I am so grateful for Jesus and the price he paid on the cross for my sins.

Do you realize how much of a sacrifice he gave? The Creator of the universe, all powerful and mighty God could have said the word and saved his Son from the ultimate terror he faced that day on the cross. However, because He loves us SO MUCH, He allowed Jesus, His only Son, to take on the sins of the world. I can't imagine the pain Jesus went through...beatings to no avail, His disciples, His best friends and closest brothers, denying Him and betraying him, the sheer pain of the spikes driven through his hands and feet, a horrifying death on the cross, and seeing His Father turn His back to His Son...all for LOVE! This amazing picture is so real, yet so hard to grasp sometimes.

Thank you, Lord, for the sacrifice you made so many years ago. Thank you for your unconditional love and willingness to take on my sins and bear them at the cross. I am in awe of your majesty and power, and only hope I can express that to you when I meet you face to face someday. I am truly humbled by your sacrifice, and hope that I may sacrifice my life to help others. Father, you are amazing and worthy of all praise and honor, and as I am reminded of your sacrifice this Easter season, let me not forget how I can be a light unto others by sharing your awesome story of love and sacrifice. I love you Lord! Amen.

If anyone needs an Easter celebration to attend, New Life would be a GREAT place to visit. Pastor Steve is going to give an awesome message about the 'thirst' for God. You don't want to miss it!

2 comments:

Aaron said...

Great post! Very true!

Anonymous said...

You make me proud with your awesome heart! Love you! Mom